Sunday, December 7, 2008

6th Post: Beyond Madagascar

Yup, I've watched Madagascar 2 recently and it was indeed very interesting, my favourite character is Nana the old lady.XD However, I'm not going to do a review on this film(since many people did this already and its not like I have a different opinion anyway). What I'm going to write is something that I saw after watching Madagascar. After I walk out of the cinema, the 1st thing that I saw is ....... the poster of Cicakman 2! My mood undergoes drastic changes immediately (from =D to =.=)...

It's a sequel to the original Cicakman and 'aptly' titled Cicakman 2-Planet Hitam, what a terrible planet we're living in... I've never really paid any attention to the first film, just that i'm amazed that the film actually managed to get a sequel. The film, to me, is a cheap emulation of Spider Man. Let's explore the plot a bit:

Hairi, is a loser who lives in Metrofulus. While working in the lab, he accidentally drinks coffee that has been contaminated by a virus-infected gecko. He soon finds himself doing the most insane things, such as sticking to walls, making chirping cicak noises and adding bugs to his menu. He turns to his best friend and apartment mate, Danny, and begs him to find the reason behind his strange antics.

It has an almost identical setting to Spider Man with the main protagonist being a somewhat not so popular person who got superpowers accidentally and turned into a hero after that. But instead of bitten by a spider, this hairi guy got his power by negligibly drank a cup of coffee flavoured leftover bathwater of an virus infected cicak which is so ubuquitous in Malaysia. Let me guess, their sponsor is Tongkat Ali Cafe, right? Maybe they can even make some money by creating a new brand called Cicak Cafe with the main ingredient being the faeces of cicak(I supposed that's what make the coffee in the movie so special too). Let's not discuss this anymore or else I may have a nightmare tonight... Let's wait patiently until the new installation of this 'immensely popular' series is shown in cinema, which I definitely won't watch. (And I'm not interested to know how he chirp like a cicak!)

1 comment:

空气 said...

lol !
i love this post!
u exactly wrote out my expression,that is =.=
guess what..the cicakman 2 poster is just a big contrast besides twilight's one..
gosh ~