Tuesday, October 27, 2009

31st Post: Fly, My Papers~

I'm happy and worried at the same time right now. I just finished preparing all the stuff for my Early Decision and they're going to be fly off tomorrow. Finally, the torturous process which has last for a few damn months is going to end! I wanna play games, watch anime and enjoy myself, yea~... Dream on, SAT subject test result is going to be released in 2 days time, my college internal UCAS deadline and YKLS production is 2 weeks ahead, the week after is my mock exam followed immediately by my college stage play... And the worst thing is I didn't noticed this until I'm typing this right now... (=.=|||). But I'm still happy, I don't care! But that doesn't stop me from worrying as well. I sound like a miserable idiot... I guess I should stop ranting because this is all I did these days.

Enough about my life. To make this dull blog more lively, I shall share a joke by the stand up comedian, Douglas Lim during the opening day of the actors studio. He began by saying that there was a policy in Malaysia that any programme aired in Malaysia has to be made in only one language, there shouldn't any mixing of the languages like rojak. (Which I think is impossible considering all the 'I nak dress itu.' and 'You nak minum tea ke?' that appeared in the malay drama) So he continued and said that it is very difficult to do so, especially at a mamak stall which is ubiquitous in Malaysia. Imagine the director want to shoot a scene at the mamak stall using only English.

So he sit down an call: Mamak! Mamak!
"CUT!!" What?
"You must say Indian Muslim instead of mamak."
So he sit down again: ...Indian Muslim! Indian Muslim! One Nasi Lemak!
"CUT!!" WTH?
"You shouldn't say Nasi Lemak --" OK, OK! I know I know, do it again.
So he sit down again: Indian Muslim! Indian Muslim! One Fatty Rice! Less Chilli Paste!

OK, up until now I was laughing my mouth off already. I'm sure it's much more interesting to hear him crack the joke on stage. Actually the joke continues but the last one is kinda 18PL so you imagine yourself la. Feel free to try that during your next visit to the mamak stall, oh I mean Indian Muslim stall. XD

No comments: